Thursday, January 28, 2021 from 4:00-5:00 pm EST
Free to attend
In the Making: Craft OriginsThursday, January 28, 2021 from 4:00-5:00 pm EST
Free event, space is limited
Part of our Founder's Day celebration
Craftspeople represent an incredible range of experiences and influences-from music and fashion to farming and machining. Now in our 140th year, as NBSS celebrates how we were founded and shaped as an institution, we want to share some of the origin stories of those in our community. Join NBSS President Sarah Turner for an intimate evening featuring the stories and memories of several artisans who found their life in craft.
- James Mason: Dean of Faculty and Professor of Fashion Design at MassArt
- Jackie Blombach PC '02: Preservation Consultant and Former Professional Dancer
- Andrew Haines: Artist-Painter and Frame Conservator
- Barb Baker LK '04: Department Head of Locksmithing & Security Technology
- Sarah Turner: President of NBSS and Practicing Artist
Share the origin story of your own #lifeincraft leading up to our virtual Founder's Day in February! Learn more about how to participate here.
This conversation is part of In the Making, a new public programs series where we connect with a range of new voices, fields, and perspectives. Learn more about In the Making, and view a full list of participants, at the series homepage here.