The Workforce Development Initiative provides economically disadvantaged residents in Boston and Greater Boston with a viable pathway to meaningful, lifetime employment. The program makes it possible for NBSS to fund not only tools and materials, but also supportive services critical to students’ success.
The Workforce Development Initiative demonstrates how local foundations large and small can collaborate in supporting the needs of the community. Supporters of the NBSS program have included:
- BNY Mellon / Peter E. Strauss Trust
- Cabot Family Charitable Trust
- Orville W. Forté Charitable Foundation
- Liberty Mutual Foundation
- Massachusetts Charitable Society
- Neighborhood Jobs Trust of the City of Boston
- The Boston Foundation
- The James C. Melvin Trust
- Mabel Louise Riley Foundation
- Rowland Foundation
- Santander Bank
- Schrafft Charitable Trust
- John H. and H. Naomi Tomfohrde Foundation
Contact Melissa Gallin, Director of Institutional Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-227-0155 x175.