Tuition & Costs
- September 2019-May 2020 tuition is $25,500*, with the option of making 9 monthly payments of $2,833.
- The estimated cost of hand tools is $2,500.
- The estimated cost of books is $250.
- The cost of materials is $900, billed as monthly installments of $100.
*North Bennet Street School reserves the right to increase tuition in the second and subsequent years of a course. If the school does increase tuition for a course in subsequent years, that increase will not exceed 7.5% of the previous year’s tuition. Should the school exercise its right to increase tuition, the school must give the student a minimum of ninety (90) days written notice prior to the effective date of the increase and a new enrollment agreement will be executed.
HOURS, schedule, & program length
- Students are admitted in September.
- The maximum enrollment is 26 students.
- Classes typically meet 7:30 am - 2:30 pm, Monday - Friday, September through May although when working on site, four-day weeks with longer days are common.
- The program length is one, nine-month academic year (36 weeks or 1170 class hours*).
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to site work.
- Students who complete the program receive a Diploma of Carpentry.
* Class hours equals clock hours.
We offer rolling admissions and will accept applicants throughout the year. Successful applicants are dependable, have basic math skills, and enjoy physically demanding work.