- Students are admitted in September.
- The maximum enrollment is 26 students.
- Classes typically meet 7:30 am - 2:30 pm, Monday - Friday, September through May although when working on site, four-day weeks with longer days are common.
- The program length is one, nine-month academic year (36 weeks or 1170 class hours*).
- Students who complete the program receive a Diploma of Carpentry.
Tuition & Costs
- September 2017-2018 tuition is $25,500**, with the option of making 9 monthly payments of $2,833.
- September 2018-2019 tuition is $25,500**, with the option of making 9 monthly payments of $2,833.
- The estimated cost of hand tools is $2,500.
- The estimated cost of books is $250.
- The cost of materials is $900, billed as monthly installments of $100.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to site work.
* Class hours equals clock hours.
**North Bennet Street School reserves the right to increase tuition in the second and subsequent years of a course. If the school does increase tuition for a course in subsequent years, that increase will not exceed 7.5% of the previous year’s tuition. Should the school exercise its right to increase tuition, the school must give the student a minimum of ninety (90) days written notice prior to the effective date of the increase and a new enrollment agreement will be executed.
We offer rolling admissions and will accept applicants throughout the year. Students start in September and the maximum class size is 26 students.
Successful applicants are dependable, have basic math skills, and enjoy physically demanding work.