School Protocols | 2021-22
What is the School’s current status as it relates to COVID-19?
- The School has established a formal policy on vaccination as a requirement for work or training at NBSS. View more details on our Health & Safety Page.
- Our full-time programs are operating at full capacity, with in-person instruction—with sensible precautions and other interventions in place.
- Our Store is open to the public, though the rest of the building is reserved for students, staff, and faculty only. Only a limited number of faculty–staff guests are allowed.
- Continuing Education classes will resume in 2022, please stay tuned.
- We will keep our community updated regularly with any changes or issues that may arise.
- Frequently asked questions are provided on the pages linked below. For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Updated 8/26/21 (Updated FAQs on all pages, updated Health & Safety Guide pdf)
Keeping NBSS open is essential to our mission, the education and training that we deliver, and the future of the School. Still, we proceed with great caution as we watch closely the trends in Boston and the surrounding communities. Our response and contingency plans will flex and adapt as necessary to maintain the health and safety of everyone at NBSS.
We will continuously work to provide a safe, healthy, and productive environment for everyone at NBSS. However, it will take the commitment and dedication of our entire community to see us through this challenging moment. Fortunately, the characteristics the situation demands—adaptability, problem-solving, creativity, and focus—are all natural to our work in craft and skilled trades.
- Fall Health & Safety Protocols to students 8/29/21
- Vaccine policy reminder to students 7/27/21
- Vaccination policy notification to students 6/7/21
- Update from Provost Claire Fruitman 5/27/21
- Update from Marc Dreyfus, Director of Facilities 5/11/21
- Letter from Marc Dreyfus, Director of Facilities 4/6/21
- Update from President Sarah Turner 2/18/21
- Update on travel/gatherings from President Sarah Turner 11/23/20
- Letter from Ralph Henry, Director of Facilities 10/6/20
- Letter from Ralph Henry, Director of Facilities 7/29/20
- Letter from President Sarah Turner 6/30/20
- Update from Provost Claire Fruitman for returning students 6/25/20
- Update from Admissions Director Rob O'Dwyer for incoming students 6/25/20
- Update from President Sarah Turner 5/19/20
- Update from President Sarah Turner 4/24/20
- Update from President Sarah Turner 4/2/20
- Update from President Sarah Turner 3/17/20
- Update from Provost Claire Fruitman 3/17/20
- Closure of School Building 3/11/20