NBSS students are ambitious, passionate, and diverse. They are recent high school graduates, former college students, and white-collar professionals. They are returning veterans, single parents, and recently married, starting new families. Our intimate, close-knit community of craftspeople continues even beyond graduation.
Training students for careers in traditional trades is at the very heart of our mission, and we aim to make the student experience just as rewarding. Our Student Life & Career Services Office will help you feel comfortable and connected, gain new experiences, and prepare you for your future career.
- Social events like our PB&J Wednesdays, Rally At The Alley bowling tournament, Open Mic Night, and other annual/holiday parties.
- Interest groups such as the Student Veterans Organization and LGBTQ+ Student Group.
- A seven-session Business Course that builds your knowledge in running your own small business.
- Opportunities to display your work at national, regional, and local shows/exhibits.
- Access to our Jobs & Commissions Board to explore employment opportunities.
- Housing resources to help you search for living space.
- Details on health insurance, local gyms, health clinics, hospitals, and wellness services.
- Information about voter registration, transportation, and child care.
- Discounted rates for Continuing Education courses at NBSS.
Over 3,000 NBSS alumni live around the world, and many of the School's instructors are alumni, as are the President and the Provost of the School. Students can gain industry insights, mentorship, and connect with potential employers, colleagues, and organizations through this network.
Living in Boston
North Bennet Street School is located in Boston, ranked among the world's top cities for its history, culture, green space, and careers. We love our North End neighborhood, which is easily accessible by transit, and an ideal place for dining, shopping, and more, all within a few walkable blocks.
New Students, please contact Sharon Stetson, Associate Director of Admissions, at 617.227.0155 x110 or email@example.com.
Returning Students, please contact Bryan McGrath, Director of Student Life & Career Services, at 617.227.0155 x112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.