Welcome All! Are you ready to train for a new career? One that is as rewarding as it is challenging? One that requires hand-skills and complex problem solving? If the answer is yes, then we encourage you to start our no-fee application to begin the admissions process. We work with each candidate individually to meet you where you are, and to help make sure that you are qualified for admission. Our community is dedicated, goal-oriented, welcoming, and inclusive.
The Admissions team is here to help you with the process. We ask for a broad range of requirements, some that are specific to each program, so that we can get a kaleidoscopic view of your candidacy. Your completed file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We take all of the requirements into account in order to assess your potential for success here and employability after graduation. Our graduates and the work that they do out in the world is our bond. We welcome you to join us!
Details of how to apply in the expandable menu below.
- Before You Apply
- What You Need to Apply
- Step 1. Complete the NBSS Application
- Step 2. Provide Transcripts
- Step 3. Request Letters of Recommendation
- Step 4. Complete Your Statement of Purpose
- Step 5. Send Your Basic Resume
- Step 6. Schedule a Visit to NBSS
- Step 7. Complete Program-Specific Requirements
- Additional Info for Veterans
- Additional Info for International Students
Nearly 70% of current students receive some form of financial aid. We’ve recently added new scholarships and grants for Boston residents, veterans, and degree holders. What’s more, we have frozen tuition at current levels, and are on track to award over $1,000,000 in NBSS scholarships annually to qualified students, making an education at NBSS more affordable than ever.
- Full-Time Programs: Get a broad understanding of our traditional trade offerings, and view details of all nine programs in this section.
- Videos: View 2-minute videos to learn about the work you'll do in class.
- Virtual Tours: Take a (virtual) tour through the program spaces of our 64,000 sf facility.
- Profiles: Read about our alumni, including how an education at NBSS opened doors for them.
- Full-Time Programs Catalog: View specific information for 2021-2022.
North Bennet Street School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Per Title IX requirements, North Bennet Street School admits students without regard for religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, color, disability, sexual preference, national and ethnic origin, military or veteran status to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity and expression, race, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships and loan programs, and other School-administered programs.
Learn more about other details of Title IX here, including overview, contact information for our Title IX Coordinator and Deputy, and materials used to train these Title IX personnel at the School.