NBSS understands that getting an education is a significant financial undertaking. We are dedicated to helping you afford the cost of your education, and to make your dreams of going to NBSS a reality.
Two out of every three students at NBSS receive some form of financial aid, such as federal or state grants, private loans, veteran benefits, or scholarships. Thanks to generous donors, we have frozen tuition at current levels and are on track to award qualified students over $1,000,000 annually.
Here are the steps to apply for financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our school code is 015527.*
- Fill out the online NBSS Financial Aid Application.
- Review this list of over 40 possible scholarship sources. NBSS offers a wide range of scholarships based on need and background. You may be eligible for more than one.
- Learn more about your Veterans Administration benefits, and how our NBSS Yellow Ribbon Program can support your education.
- Finish your Admissions Requirements: We can only provide aid packages for accepted students.
Contact Jamie Dergay, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-227-0155 x115. Or, stop by during his office hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
*Enrollment at NBSS is considered undergraduate enrollment, whether or not you already have a bachelor’s degree. For the FAFSA question "When you begin the upcoming school year, what will be your grade level?" please answer as below:
- First-year students, please select "Never attended college/1st year" or "Attended college before/1st year." (Applies to all programs, including Advanced Piano Technology)
- Second-year students, please select "2nd year/sophomore."
- Third-year Violin Making & Repair students, please select "3rd year/junior."