NBSS is a non-profit institution that offers a welcoming and collaborative environment in Boston's North End. We're small but ambitious, supporting the School's mission to help students achieve meaningful lives and livelihoods.
One of nation’s oldest schools for hands-on training in traditional trades and fine craftsmanship, NBSS is internationally known for its programs that help students to achieve meaningful lives and livelihoods. For more than a century, the exceptional programs, master faculty, and inspiring community have encouraged individual growth, curiosity, technical mastery, and commitment to excellence.
As we build on the School’s legacy of fine craftsmanship, we seek positive, dynamic individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The School Administrator works closely with all NBSS staff on administrative and clerical tasks necessary for the successful operation of the School, manages the academic records of the Full-Time Program, coordinates Full-Time student information, serves as the primary academic and faculty support person, and staffs the Front Desk of the School two days a week.
- Provide the EVP and Provost with administrative and clerical support
- Schedule, coordinate and prepare materials for meetings and School events
- Update and maintain databases when needed
- Front desk coverage two days a week
- Track employee attendance
- Post available jobs and manage candidate applications
- Manage staff and faculty lounge and supply center
Student Academic Records Coordinator:
- Manage student record processes, including:
- I.D. cards
- Attendance tracking
- Emergency contact system
- Student Record/Grade Cards
- Student status and current enrollment tracking
- Re-Enrollment Agreements
- Coordinate faculty and Program Advisory Committee meetings
- Manage billing for full-time programs
- Administer full-time program student evaluations
- Manage Enrollment Period calendar
- Audit graduating students and manage issuance of diplomas
- Verify graduate status for potential employers
- Compile data and prepare reports for enrollment, retention, IPEDS and ACCSC reporting
- Compile and produce student/faculty/staff directory
- Maintain the Student Handbook
Front Desk Receptionist:
- Greet everyone who enters the building
- Maintain the security of the building by monitoring faculty, staff, and student entry and exit, and sign in and provide Visitor badges to visitors
- Screen incoming calls, inquiries, and correspondence to the School, respond independently when possible, use discretion in providing information, and direct inquiries to the appropriate person within the School
- Sort and distribute mail and packages
- Assist with mailings
- Provide administrative and clerical support for all staff and faculty, which may include the following responsibilities:
- Creating documents and spreadsheets
- Ordering office supplies
Experience and Skills:
- 2-3 years administrative, clerical, and operations experience and support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational, management and writing skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills, flexible, and able to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to plan and execute a number of ongoing projects simultaneously and with minor supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, poise, and discretion
- Demonstrated diplomacy, judgment, initiative, and problem-solving skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Customer Management Systems (HubSpot), Gmail, and Google applications
- Experience maintaining and updating databases
- Experience with a craft and an understanding of the unique nature and mission of North Bennet Street School preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 27.
North Bennet Street School is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds to apply for employment at the School.