NBSS is a non-profit institution that offers a welcoming and collaborative environment in Boston's North End. We're small but ambitious, supporting the School's mission to help students achieve meaningful lives and livelihoods.
One of nation’s oldest schools for hands-on training in traditional trades and fine craftsmanship, NBSS is internationally known for its programs that help students to achieve meaningful lives and livelihoods. For more than a century, the exceptional programs, master faculty, and inspiring community have encouraged individual growth, curiosity, technical mastery, and commitment to excellence.
As we build on the School’s legacy of fine craftsmanship, we seek positive, dynamic individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Front Desk Receptionist
The Front Desk Receptionist is the first point of contact between North Bennet Street School and its students, faculty, staff, and the general public, responsible for answering incoming telephone calls and greeting everyone who enters the School. Given that, the Front Desk Receptionist is primarily responsible for projecting a welcoming environment and both representing and communicating the core values of the School.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages
- Process outgoing mail; help with daily Admission packets
- Maintain multiple Google Calendars
- Manage office supply orders and offer purchasing assistance
Building & Security
- Open the School daily on weekdays
- Greet and welcome everyone who enters the School
- Assist Visitors with signing in and provide them with Visitor badges and directions to their destination
- Review Full-Time student attendance and prepare reports for faculty
- Manage distribution of enrollment agreements and printed student communications
- Assist faculty with scheduling space for program events in the building
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent personal and communication skills, experienced in dealing with the public with a professional presentation and a customer service orientation.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a minimum of stress.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, database programs, shared calendars and email.
- Experience with a craft and an understanding of the unique nature and mission of North Bennet Street School preferred.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, January 17, 2020.
North Bennet Street School is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds to apply for employment at the School.